Magic Ajax .3 released
Today, the creator of MagicAjax informed me he released his new version. This version solves a lot of the cpu issues not to mention the ways you can now use it amoung ASP.NET applications. If you are a fan of easy deployable access, I suggest you go pick it up.
Quick review of things changed :
v0.3.0 (9 February 2006) - Major Release
Changes since 0.2.2
- If another form tag was added to page, MagicAjax did not work; fixed it
- Corrected an encoding issue
- Some controls with AutoPostBack set to 'true' were not working properly; fixed it
- Fixed reflecting scripts and css-styles that were added on a Ajax callback.
Note: if you want to run the current MagicAjax.NET development version under ASP.NET 2.0 medium trust (as most hosting-providers are forcing), you need to compile MagicAjax with the MEDIUM_TRUST flag on. Unfortunately, this will disable MagicAjax's feature to reflect script/css changes on callbacks for now (because we now use reflection for this to call private system variables). Also, only the default MagicAjax configuration-settings will be used (because medium trust doesn't allow reading of the web.config). We're working on a non-reflection version at the moment (using regular expressions to scan through the Html output), which will run under medium trust.
- Fixed client-side ASP.NET validation
- Image buttons now return the X/Y coordinates
- Fix for incompatibility with flash applets
- Fix for the problem of the AjaxPanel not displaying its contents on VS 2005 when in a UserControl
- New MagicAjax attributes for ASP.NET controls (AjaxLocalScope, ExcludeFlags)
- Added ExcludeFlags property for AjaxPanel
- New base (abstract) controls added (ClientEventControl, BaseClientEventWrapper)
- New toolbox controls added (AjaxZone, KeyClientEventWrapper, ClientEventTrigger)
- Support for Opera and Netscape browsers added.
- MagicAjax.dll is now strongly named (public key token bf4053b35db106f3), so MagicAjax.dll can be registered in the GAC.
- AjaxCall event is renamed to AjaxCallStart
- AjaxControl/AjaxPage/AjaxUserControl invoke AjaxCallStart at Load event, PreWriteScript at PreRender, and AjaxCallEnd at Unload, during an Ajax callback
- Huge server-side performance improvement
- There were conflicts with the cookies handling by ASP.NET 2.0 and other HttpModules; fixed it
- DropdownList and single-selection ListBox were not cleared for firefox; fixed it
Link: Link to new code